In order our developers can troubleshoot the issue you faced we may ask you to connect to your Apple TV device and collect logs from that.
Here’s how you do that:
- Make sure that your Mac and Apple TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your Mac, open Xcode and choose Window > Devices and Simulators.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App and Devices.
- In the Xcode device manager, select your Apple TV.
- Enter the six-digit pin that appears on the Apple TV on your Mac.
Your Apple TV is now paired with your Mac.
On OS X systems, you can use Lemonjar’s iOS Console app to easily access the logs.
Once the “iOS Console” app is installed:
- Start by force-closing the Kitcast app on your Apple TV device
- Open the iOS Console app
- Connect your Apple TV device via a USB-C Cable
- A window will open with your console logs
- Click the Clear Display button
- On the Apple TV device, reproduce the issue you’re reporting (launching, installing, running app)
- Choose the File > Export Logs… from the app menubar and save the file with a descriptive name
Once you have the log file, please send it to us either via online chat or at firstname.lastname@example.org.