Apple TV Logs
In order our developers can troubleshoot the issue you faced we may ask you to connect to your Apple TV device and collect logs from that.
Pair your Mac with your Apple TV device
Here’s how you do that:
- Make sure that your Mac and Apple TV are on the same Wi-Fi network.
- On your Mac, open Xcode and choose Window > Devices and Simulators.
- On your Apple TV, go to Settings > Remotes and Devices > Remote App and Devices.
- In the Xcode device manager, select your Apple TV.
- Enter the six-digit pin that appears on the Apple TV on your Mac.
Your Apple TV is now paired with your Mac.
On OS X systems, you can use Lemonjar’s iOS Console app to easily access the logs.
Once the “iOS Console” app is installed:
- Start by force-closing the Kitcast app on your Apple TV device
- Open the iOS Console app
- Connect your Apple TV device via a USB-C Cable
- A window will open with your console logs
- Click the Clear Display button
- On the Apple TV device, reproduce the issue you’re reporting (launching, installing, running app)
- Choose the File > Export Logs… from the app menubar and save the file with a descriptive name
Once you have the log file, please send it to us either via online chat or at email@example.com.